Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Satanic Panic and the Media

from Satan''s School for Girls, 1976 (made for TV movie)
While I keep trying to locate my DVD of the daytime talk show episodes of Oprah! and Geraldo that deal with this topic (specifically the Matamoros cult murders), a friend fortunately found this link to one of Geraldo's primetime shows. He made several dealing with this topic. He later apologized for his role in sensationalizing these stories and feeding the rumor mill; Ms. Winfrey never did, however. Here is a short clip from one of her episodes on this topic.

Please watch these videos in their entirety sometime over the spring break so we can discuss them the first week we get back. I wrote a book chapter on this topic which might also be of interest (the preview does not include all of it but I can make a copy or send a Word file if anyone wants to read the whole thing).

No comments:

Post a Comment